Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Purpose


I start this site with the hope that my posts will illicit comments and feedback from the reader – maybe you will contribute more posts than I do. In addition to providing interesting articles and resources about assisted reproductive technology and surrogacy, I also seek to collect as much data as I can. Throughout the course of my research I have found the lack of data about surrogacy, particularly the psychological impact on the surrogate and the surrogate baby, and surrogacy tourism in India, disappointing and limiting.  Much discussion around surrogacy is based on emotion, preconceived notions, and fear. My goal is to break down these assumptions and collect enough data so that people, specifically legislatures, can make informed decisions about assisted reproductive technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment